Hi guys! Happy day-before-Friday!
Random tidbit about one of my snack faves — did you know one large kiwi packs 3 grams of fiber? The medium ones I show in the video pack 2 grams each. That’s quite a lot of fiber for the size, seriously.
Other Feed Me I’m Cranky Snack Picks
Feed Me I’m Cranky Snack Recipes
In the News/Blogs
- Cranky Fitness’, “Ethnic Eats: How Healthy Are They” (8/12/09) here – Loved this post and reach out to you guys to answer how you manage to lighten up your favorite ethnic dishes (or do you?), what are some of your fave ethnic dishes? Have any recipes to share with me?
- Hanlie’s guest post, “Your Body’s Design” (8/12/09) here — Hanlie is a blogger I follow and admire and she writes here why she believes we are designed to be herbivores. Very interesting post with tons of food for thought! While I am a vegetarian myself, I am not 100% convinced that humans were meant to be so. I think that as fruits and veggies are now accessible to us from across the world during all seasons, and as we’ve evolved ethically (yes, I don’t necessarily believe we were innately against killing animals for food), vegetarianism is now a practical and healthy choice. But I don’t think it’s the only healthy choice. What do you guys think?
- Live Science’s, “High Fat Diets May Make You Stupid and Lazy” (8/12/09) here — Interesting summary of a study: “A new study on rats finds that 10 days of eating a high-fat diet caused short-term memory loss and made exercise difficult” but lacking way too much information and making far too many presumptuous statements (such as exercise being made “difficult” some how translates to laziness?). I would guess by “high fat” they meant bad, saturated fats, but they don’t say (which is unfortunate because this may just fuel the misconception that all fats are bad for you).
- New York Times’, “Phys Ed: Can Running Actually Help Your Knees?” (8/11/09) here.
Give-Away Round Up
- Win a $100 gift certificate to Dick’s Sporting Goods here (this is the 2nd contest like this open. Other one here)
- Win some coupons for LightLife tempeh here
- Win a coupon for a free box of Sunshine Burgers here
- Win tons of cool loot, including a gym bag and some ProBars (and wish Amanda a happy birthday!) here
What are your fave snacks both store-bought and self-made?
<3, The Cranky One