I made you drool on Facebook *neiner neiner*
These burgers are spicy. be warned.
Cilantro Jalapeno Chickpea Burgers
Inspired by Kathy aka The Healthy Happy Life’s Vegan White Bean Burgers with “Cheese and Bacon”
Makes 4 patties
- 1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and chopped (what is a “bunch”? damned if I know. I just took a handful and chopped; about 1/2 of the fresh package from Trader Joe’s)
- 1-1.5 tbsp chopped jalapenos (these are not for the faint-hearted!)
- salt and pepper to taste
- cajun seasoning to taste (I used a lot a) because I’m dating a ragin’ cajun and it only seemed appropriate and b) because I like things spicy!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mash up all ingredients. wow, that was tough!
- Form into four patties with your hands. Gettin down ‘n dirty…
- Place onto a cookie sheet covered with foil and bake for 20-30 minutes minutes; flip half way
- Nutritional info. for one patty: 210 calories, 4.7g fat, 375 mg sodium, 33g carbs, 7g fiber, 0.6g sugars, 11g protein
I ate the burger atop sprouted bread with a bit of vegan mayo, tomato, lettuce and onion. You can be fancy like Kathy and top with Daiya cheese and tempeh bacon. MmmmMMmmmm.
One more pic for good measure…
The Cranky One
p.s.! Winner of the “What Caesar Did for my Salad” book giveaway was #5, per Random.org, so that’s Diane! I’ll email ya.