I’ve been obsessed with Trader Joe’s Balela ever since it first arrived in stores: chickpeas? Chickplease! Blackbeans? Hellooooo.
- 1 15-oz can black beans
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 stocks green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (white or apple vinegar should suffice)
- two organic tomatoes chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped mint
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- Pour both beans into a strainer and rinse. Lightly pat dry with a couple paper towels (be careful not to mush the beans!)
- Put beans into a large mixing bowl, pour in the rest of the ingredients and carefully mix well.
- Refrigerate a couple hours before eating for optimal flavor.
I’m lame and didn’t figure out how many servings the recipe makes; but the entire recipe is calculated below, so if you make it, you can figure out nutrition info. per serving.
The Cranky One